At the National Fire Sprinkler Association you will find:
A competitive salary with excellent benefits
Flexible time and exciting challenges
A positive and engaging work environment
The opportunity to advance an amazing cause
Labor Relations Manager and Associate Counsel
This position exists to serve the Labor/Legal Department with the fulfilling of the mission of NFSA. This position reports to the Senior Vice President & General Counsel. The purpose of this position is to function within the Legal/Labor Department to assist the contract negotiations, trust fund representation, legal research and advice, organizational documentation, and legislation review. Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research, preparation, negotiating, and administering collective bargaining agreements and all member and union related issues (i.e. grievances, arbitrations, etc.) that may arise as a result.
- Serve as a trustee on various industry funds (NASI and Metal Trades Pension, Health, and Welfare, various city local and UA funds, etc.) and collaborate effectively with other management and union trustees; provide overall data management as relates to NFSA and the information required as a result.
- Provide legal advice and support to the Senior Vice President of Labor/Legal and President regarding all aspects of the law, including labor and employment, non-profit law, state, local and national sprinkler legislation, ordinances, codes, organizational guidance, corporate and trade laws, etc.
- Research, preparation, and development of internal policies and procedures, as well as necessary organizational and legal documents.
- Conduct research, prepare information, prepare first draft of LaborLine and assure it is distributed at least three times per year, and assist Outreach & Government Relations and Regional Operations as required on state specific legislation or issues that impact the fire sprinkler industry.
To view job posting on Linkedin, Please Click Here
If you have questions about this position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org