Future Leadership Communications July Newsletter
Hello everyone and welcome to another NFSA FLC newsletter! As the weeks pass and we find that many of us are still working from our home offices we try and look at the bright side of the benefits that come from working at home including working from anywhere (cabin up north anyone?) and being able to keep up on laundry throughout the day (yes we’re that exciting). We find that many organizations are still providing quality virtual content, some of which we are providing links to below. Please feel free to share anything else you think would be of value to the group. Stay safe and enjoy summer while you can!
Follow this link to access NFSA content for the Virtual Annual Seminar
Viking Corporation and Industry Partners present Current Product Topics: https://www.youtube.com/user/Vikingsprinkler
Have you logged into Protech?
From a brainstorming session around the pool at Red Rock in 2017, four esteemed FLC members cornered staff about the website. From here the premise and functionality was guided by the FLC team to deliver what we believe to be an asset to the association.
Protech is the NFSA’s new association management platform, offering a variety of upgrades to member benefits online! Updated Features Include:
- Streamlined Event Registration Module
- Updated User Experience
- New Expert of The Day Process
- Member Directories
For more information and walkthroughs, visit our “How-to” page
• Monthly FLC Executive Committee Meetings
• Back to Work Contractors Forum: Please join us to learn the latest from NFSA manufacturers, suppliers, and staff! We are working to bring together an interactive, fast-paced event that will share back to work information, economic forecasts, and specific information for contractors including contract writing and what is new, Employment policies during and for COVID-19, and also insight on working with General Contractors in this new norm. We hope to see you (virtually) on July 22nd!
• NFSA is holding a virtual meeting for IP Committee and NFSA Chapter leaders next Wednesday, July 15, 2020. This virtual event will allow NFSA staff to share the latest information available for Chapters and IP Committees as we work to streamline training and chapter activities during the pandemic. Working together, we will use these challenging times to grow stronger and we look forward to this event.
• WPI is opening their registration for WPI’s Fall Virtual Career Fair Series and the announcement of additional information detailing their Fall Recruiting Passes. Additionally, please do not forget to register for an Employer Open House or fill out the Educational Programming Survey. WPI will be holding a series of Virtual Career Fairs on the following dates to ensure greater convenience and visibility between students and employers in a virtual setting. Registration can be accessed through Handshake. Sessions will take place from Thursday, September 17th to Wednesday, September 30th
• In Person Houston Board: October 27
• Vegas Annual Seminar: May 2021
Looking for Free Online Training?
Our members have provided training found here!
FLC’s Fun Facts
• The inventor of the Frisbee was cremated and made into a Frisbee after he died.
• A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first passengers in a hot air balloon.
• A swarm of 20,000 bees followed a car for two days because their queen was stuck inside.
• Fact: “Running amok” is a medically recognized mental condition. Considered a culturally bound syndrome, a person “running amok” in Malaysia commits a sudden, frenzied mass attack, then begins to brood.
FLC’s Hand-picked Articles
Here are some articles that we have hand-picked that we think are very informative and useful:
Stay tuned as the Future Leadership Committee will be developing this newsletter in the coming weeks and we hope that we can continue to inform and serve the membership!