Sprinkler Save at Waldorf, Maryland Single-Family Home

Thank you to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office for reporting this sprinkler save.

An accidental fire in an attached garage of a Waldorf home was due to an electrical failure of an extension cord.

The garage was not protected by a sprinkler system. The fire burned through an interior wall into a small bathroom which was protected by a sprinkler system. The sprinkler in the bathroom activated and extinguished the fire. No injuries were reported.