Austin, Texas Fire Department Credits Fire Sprinkler System with Extinguishing Campus High-Rise Apartment Fire
A stove fire broke out Saturday night in a West Campus high-rise apartment building in Austin, Texas.
Firefighters responded around 11 p.m. to a fire on the 15th floor. They said the sprinkler system extinguished the fire, leaving crews to help mitigate smoke and water.
The fire started after a tenant of the high-rise left a burner on, igniting combustibles on the stove, according to fire officials.
No injuries were reported. Read more here!