Fire Sprinkler System Contains Fire at Tysons, Virginia Apartment Complex

Image result for Tysons, VirginiaThis week, a fire at a Tysons, Virginia High-Rise Complex was doused by the building’s sprinkler system.

The fire started just after midnight in an upper-floor apartment of a 19-story building.

Bill Delaney, a public affairs officer for Fairfax County Fire and Rescue, said
the fire was caused by improperly discarded smoking materials. Delaney noted that this was the sixth fire in 2019 caused by discarded cigarettes or other smoking devices.

Last week, an improperly discarded cigarette caused $93,750 in damages to a single family home. In this case, the high-rise building protected by fire sprinklers sustained only $200 in damages. There were no injuries. Read more!