Minnesota Chapter Initiatives
On February 1st, the NFSA staff in Minnesota met with Viking Automatic Sprinkler Company’s Director of Business Development, Sean Flaherty. Sean also serves as the President of the Minnesota Chapter of NFSA. Important Chapter initiatives for 2019 were outlined including:
- leveraging the website and social media,
- an ambitious plan for conducting side-by-side sprinkler demonstrations throughout the state this year,
- staffing/logistics for upcoming events like the Minneapolis Home and Garden Show and the Governor’s Fire Prevention Day at the State Fair
- assisting local fire departments with outreach and public education efforts
- improving communications and coordination with local media following fire incidents
- Supporting Association members and fostering the work of our state chapter members is the most important goal for NFSA’s Minnesota Staff. We were delighted at the opportunity to meet with Sean on ways to achieve these important goals for promoting our industry in the state of Minnesota!