Sprinkler Save at Vienna, Virginia High School

On November 9th, a fire in Vienna, Virginia’s Madison High School classroom was extinguished by the school’s fire sprinkler system.

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue responded to the fire around 6:49 p.m. Firefighters arriving on scene found smoke showing from the roof line of the school but found fire sprinklers had put out the blaze in a classroom. The fire, which started in an unattended kiln, was contained to the classroom.

About 125 students and staff had been in the building when the fire occurred.
Damages were limited to $3,000. No injuries were reported. Now, that’s #fastestwater at its finest!

Read the full report here.